Thursday

Thankful...Guatemala part one



This is the line that our VBS kids stood in every afternoon for a cup of watered-down rice cereal. This is a special treat that they get only the weeks that mission teams come. For some of them this was their only meal of the day.



Such a simple example of thankfulness.






I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

Philippians 4:12

3 comments:

Wendy B said...

We have SO much, don't we? I have seen many pictures and heard many stories from Guatemala. I'm thankful to share in the experiences of others. It really helps to keep my perspective in "gratitude" mode. Thanks for sharing this part of your life with others, Manda.
Love you,
Wendy

Miller said...

You must of felt so good helping these poor people. It does make you realise just how much we have and yet we complain about little insignificant things in comparison.

Thanks for sharing with us!

junglemama said...

What an awesome thing you are doing! I wish I were there!