Tuesday

This will hurt me more than it hurts you...

Yesterday Elijah got his first set of vaccines. The state will no longer pay for them to get one shot that contains three of the vaccines...so poor little Eli had to get four shots!! It was a very sad day for us.....I have never heard him cry quite like that. Thankfully, right when they were done I was able to pick him up and he quieted down right away. I almost thought I would cry, but I held it together :).

Also, last night he had a reaction to the vaccines and had a temp of 101. We gave him a bath and some children's Tylenol and his fever is down to 99.0. I know I overreact about these things....it must be something about being a first time mom!

2 comments:

Armenio & Luska said...

Ohhhh..... I remember those days. It's hard to watch our little ones being "hurt" and not be able to do anything about it. I personally hate needles, so when it was vaccine time, I would dread it... times three... :o/

Sara said...

yahoo, the blog looks great...keep it up. Can't wait to see you again.